Wealth Leadership for Discerning Private and Sophisticated Institutional Investors
With a uniquely modern and analytical approach, we advise affluent private clients, foundations and corporations - across Canada and three continents, who have life long time horizons, complex accounts and a goal to minimize risk. Our contemporary portfolios are designed to match the beat of the economy.
Multiple asset classes help them perform in the current environment of historically-low interest rates, high volatility and inflated asset valuations. Our goal is to keep pace with opportunities and limit vulnerability to market downturns.Beginning with robust risk priority management
, we prioritize pain tolerance over growth objectives. Rather than aiming for a particular return, we manage the potential for pain and loss to reduce volatility and downside risk, seeking higher Sharpe ratios and lower dependence. Our objective is to allow your portfolio’s underlying investments to generate returns commensurate with your goals, in a comfortable and measured manner.We distill information and summarize performance reporting
using current electronic technology to respect the time constraints of our busy clientele and minimize paper.
Losing money hurts. Euroscientific research has shown using MRI technology that the human brain experiences financial loss similarly to the way it experiences a physical attack. In very real terms: it causes pain. This fact is an essential component of RISK PRIORITY MANAGEMENT, providing a critical catalyst as to why and how we manage risk.
Alternative investments boost diversification
. Rather than allocating assets traditionally (60% equity/40% bonds), we remain style-agnostic to embrace the entire spectrum of opportunities:
We favour momentum-driven and value-driven names
- We have the skills to perform complete due diligence and deploy hedge funds, options* and derivatives strategies, private equity, private debt, unconstrained funds real assets, insurance strategies for tax and estate planning, and other vehicles.
- We also diversify across underlying sources of return.
- Seeking value, we combine direct, active investment mandates (for assets with limited liquidity, smaller size or large complexity) as well as passive funds (for assets where the opposite is true).
, following a proven discipline to identify securities that have demonstrated high or poor returns over the past three to twelve months.Our most important benchmark is achieving your desired outcome
, not outperforming the market or limiting ourselves exclusively to current economic conditions. We can help you invest for your lifetime focusing on real net returns. Our goal (once we’ve minimized unintended, unrewarded risk exposure) is to help you achieve your real, relevant, long-term objective for a positive rate of return as tax-efficiently as possible – throughout your lifetime and for your next generation.We believe in absolute transparency
. We give clients a clear vision of what they hold in their portfolios, right down to the studs. We are also completely forthright and always fully and plainly disclose all fees.
Discretionary wealth management brings you several advantages:
- By entrusting investment decisions to our team, you enable us to respond quickly to time-sensitive opportunities and risks.
- A customized Investment Policy Statement (IPS) based on your objectives, comfort and financial situation sets the guidelines, asset allocation and diversification of your portfolio.
- One transparent, asset-based fee:
- Lets us focus on driving your portfolio’s success without worrying about the cost of individual trades
- We offer tailored wealth plans in consultation with the TD Specialists in estate planning, insurance, philanthropic service and business succession planning
- Fees charged to non-registered investment accounts may be tax-deductible. Please consult your tax advisor to see how this relates to your personal situation
We can help you invest responsibly. We strive to invest in entities that behave with consideration for environmental and social decency.
For Janus #1by Gavin LynchView the TD Art Collection here.
Working closely with TD Commercial Bankers, we can help our institutional and corporate clients to preserve, grow and transfer wealth; document and safeguard valuable information to preserve the organization’s value and transferability; prepare for an optimized sale or smooth succession; and provide sophisticated lending where appropriate.
Our close liaison with TD Private Bankers brings our private clients complex credit strategies, tax-effective borrowing, premium deposit accounts as well as specialized banking and cross-border services, lending, consulting and execution where applicable.
*A high degree of risk may be involved in the purchase and sale of options and may not be suitable for every investor. The risk of loss in trading securities, options and futures can be substantial. Investors must consider all relevant risk factors, including their own financial situation before trading. A higher level of market knowledge, risk tolerance and net worth is required.Rodney Miller and Associates is a part of TD Wealth Private Investment Advice, a division of TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. which is a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.