We are one of the largest discretionary portfolio management groups at TD Wealth Private Investment Advice in Canada serving business owners and affluent investors and their families since 1994. We provide comprehensive service, personal wealth advice, placing our clients and their goals at the centre of everything we do. Our long-term commitment enables our wealth services to grow and adapt with our clients, their families and their businesses as they move through the different phases of their lives.
Over the years, we've assisted many wealthy families and business owners who have entrusted their day-to-day investment decisions to us by helping them navigate their unique financial landscape. Our client-centric approach enables us to help focus on their goals by responding swiftly when opportunities and risks arise.
- Experienced and accredited investment and wealth professionals who have earned a place within TD’s President’s Club by meeting or exceeding financial goals and maintaining a high level of professional business conduct.
- Proud to do what’s right for each client.
- Driven by our belief in the value of full-service, integrated wealth management.
- Guided by a conservative, knowledge-based investment policy to help grow and protect our clients’ assets.
- Are business owners, high-net-worth professionals and their families who have busy lives and often-complex, multi-faceted wealth needs.
- Have investable assets exceeding $2 million.
- Value personalized wealth advice over commissions-based trading.
- Are interested in a disciplined, long-term approach.
- Expect proactive, transparent communication and reporting that keeps them fully informed about the actions we are taking, and more importantly, about their progress toward achieving their goals.
Our investment philosophy
- We always begin with a deep understanding of our clients’ needs and goals.
- Our individualized strategies draw from five core value-based portfolios that are risk-balanced and prioritize long-term returns over short-term gains.
- We do not offer quick fixes, complicated investments or active trading, but believe that companies with growing sales, bought at a reasonable price, can offer superior growth and protection.
- Our thoughtful and reasoned investment principles have produced strong long-term results for our clients while reducing their exposure to risk.
- We invest our own personal wealth in the Martin Advisory Group’s five core portfolios.
We believe that
- We have the power to change our clients’ lives – and we take that responsibility seriously.
- Our role is to help our clients articulate their goals, and then we strive to ensure that every action we take brings them closer to achieving those goals.
- A successful investment strategy begins with the client, not the stock market.
- Investment Advisors must have formal education specializing in finance, and that they must continue learning throughout their careers.
- Complicated investment products tend to be most rewarding to their builders, not their buyers.
- Portfolio Managers should “eat their own cooking.”
- The greatest measure of our success is our clients’ satisfaction.
* President's Club: meeting or exceeding business financial goals as well as maintaining a high level of professional business conduct throughout the year and consistently demonstrating integrity and the highest ethical standards.
The Martin Advisory Group is a part of TD Wealth Private Investment Advice, a division of TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. which is a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.