Investing acumen for families, organizations and businesses
With an astute and conservative approach and a deep respect for our clients’ capital growth objectives, we have been working with high net worth clients for over the past twenty-plus years.
We advise affluent, multigenerational families, owners of a small business or chains of businesses, people who hold significant assets in real estate, and people who have sold a business and wish to invest the proceeds. We also manage money for private schools.
Our mission is to build long-standing relationships through our client-centric, holistic, transparent, straightforward and efficient business style.
Advising business owners:
- We bring access to sophisticated TD specialists as needed to help you manage your business more tax-efficiently using holding companies and other astute strategies.
- We assist you to plan wisely to accommodate different cash flow needs and help you invest after selling a business and manage your personal assets.
Discretionary investing brings enhanced services:
- The freedom from having to make daily investment decisions,
- Nimble response to sudden opportunities and risks – they can be addressed swiftly without waiting for your approval,
- Access to premium investment vehicles that can help minimize risk and strive for consistent returns,
- A customized Investment Policy Statement (IPS) based on your objectives, comfort and financial situation, to set the guidelines, asset allocation and diversification of your portfolio,
- Extensive due diligence on all investment holdings, and
- Enhanced reports routinely and clearly highlight your costs and returns.
One transparent, asset-based fee, no commission per trade, means:
- We can focus on driving your portfolio’s success without worrying about the cost of trades.
- You have a known, budgetable cost.
- Our single fee, calculated as a percentage of your assets, includes access to estate planning provided by TD specialists.
- You enjoy tax-efficiency – our fee may be tax-deductible upfront on non-registered accounts.
- If you wish to remain involved in your day-to-day investment decisions, you can work with us on a traditional, transactional basis.
Our integrated, holistic approach to your wealth
We provide wealth planning and portfolio management
and work with TD specialists as needed to deliver:
- Retirement income planning (including Individual Pension Plans and retirement compensation agreements),
- Optimal tax-planning strategies, considering the use of personal or family trusts,
- Liquidity forecasting and cash management planning,
- Custom credit facilities to take advantage of opportunities to help grow and diversify wealth,
- Wealth transfer strategies,
- Tax-efficient business succession planning strategies , and
- Private foundation creation and management, or other philanthropic initiatives.
We run our own model portfolios so clients can see the individual securities they hold. We aim to be completely transparent in terms of costs – you always know exactly how much you are paying for our services. Attentive service.
As a team of eight individuals, we believe that our large size allows us to deliver an exceptional client experience.
The Schacter Palazzi Wealth Management Team is a part of TD Wealth Private Investment Advice, a division of TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. which is a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.