DIVIDEND INVESTING: A TIME-TESTED STRATEGY
TD's focus on Risk Management is one of the major cornerstones to TD's investment philosophy which helped protect our clients' portfolios especially during bad markets such as the technology-bubble induced crash of 2000 and the sub-prime mortgage induced "Great Recession" of 2008. As a licensed discretionary Portfolio Manager, Riad invests for his clients directly in individual dividend growth equities and fixed income securities, with the goal of achieving the best risk-adjusted rate of return, again with Risk Management being the cornerstone of his investment philosophy.
Riad has a very defined process of managing money. In addition to adhering to a strict discipline of investing in high quality dividend growth companies, Riad also “actively” manages his clients’ portfolios to take advantage of market volatility, seasonality and market-moving events. Riad also has access to additional third party research which assists him in making informed portfolio management decisions.
Riad constantly strives to be the best at what he does. Riad is a Vice President, Portfolio Manager and Investment Advisor with TD Wealth. Riad is also a member of TD Wealth’s Executive Club. Those who know Riad know he works very hard and long hours to not only stay on top of the markets but to also anticipate industry leading trends. Riad is also proud of the fact that he was the first Investment Advisor to become licensed as a Portfolio Manager in the Edmonton office of TD Wealth, Private Investment Advice, again, driven by his need to continuously improve the service he provides to his clients.
Riad holds a Bachelor of Science Degree with Specialization in Mathematics and Finance from the University of Alberta and also has the following designations: Chartered Investment Manager (CIM), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), and the Fellow of Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI). In addition to these designations, Riad also has his discretionary investment management license and an options trading license. He has also taught Investment Courses at NAIT (the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology).
Riad manages the following account types: Corporations, RRSPs/RRIFs/LIRAs/RRIFs/LRIFs/LIFs, TFSAs, RESPs, RDSPs, Company Group RRSPs, non-registered, Trusts, Municipalities, Charities, Endowments and Not-For-Profit. Although Riad's minimum account size can be high ($1Million), he is a firm believer in educating the youth, therefore his services are also extended to his clients' children and grandchildren, all under the same family pricing structure. Also, Riad will work with young professionals (doctors, lawyers, engineers, accountants and business owners) who do not initially meet his minimum account size but are committed to an ongoing and aggressive investment plan. Riad is willing to set aside his high minimum account size requirement for the right client. With the right Financial Plan in place, Riad is willing to take on clients with a minimum of $300,000 of household family investable assets and enjoys seeing his clients grow their wealth and achieve their dreams of retiring very comfortably.
Riad prides himself on keeping his clients very satisfied and as a result, Riad manages investment portfolios for clients across Canada, from British Columbia to Newfoundland. Riad grows his business mainly by referrals from satisfied clients. He can provide plenty of testimonials upon request.
Riad is also licensed for Insurance and offers life, disability and critical illness insurance through TD Wealth Insurance Services.
Riad is a firm believer in community volunteering and volunteers his time to various charities along numerous hours on the soccer field.
SPECIALIZED INVESTMENT STRATEGIES: As a result of Riad's Portfolio Management experience in good and bad markets and extensive training and education, Riad has successfully been offering the following specialized strategies in addition to traditional portfolio management strategies:
- Professional portfolios - compliance strategy (see "Additional Information" tab below for more information)
- Executive stock portfolios - covered call option strategy (see "Additional Information" tab below for more information)
- Sharia Compliant Investing (also known as Shariah Compliant Investing or Halal investing) is a subset of Socially Responsible and Ethical Investing. Investments are based on Islamic principles of the Muslim faith (see "Additional Information" tab below for more information about Sharia Compliant Investing)
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN WORKING WITH RIAD
Riad uses a disciplined process to review all aspects of your financial picture and if requested, he can also offer his services to your extended family members and possibly leverage that to offer lower pricing for the whole family. Riad will provide you with a package that you can review on your own time to help you make your decision. You will receive a meeting review summary within a week along with a recommended strategy for each objective.
If you decide to work with Riad to help you manage your family’s wealth, at the second meeting, we can review any questions you may have and at this meeting, we can also complete the paperwork.
At this meeting, we will review your first statement and reconcile your statement with your previous statements to ensure your assets have been transferred over successfully. We can also review and confirm the overall strategy that we will be implementing to manage your wealth.
What clients of Riad can expect:
- An annual face to face meeting.
- A quarterly review package that includes a market commentary, a household portfolio summary, a transaction summary as well as a performance report so you can track your returns and progress.
- Phone and email communication when needed.
- Every client regardless of the size of the portfolio can benefit from 'block trading' which means Riad can buy and sell stocks for his clients at the same time and price.
- In addition to Investment Management, Riad, in conjunction with specialists within the TD Bank Group, can advise on all aspects of a client’s finances; including but not limited to: Advanced Financial Planning, Insurance, Banking, Estate Planning, Business Succession Planning, and Education Planning.
- A relationship built on trust and integrity. Riad’s practice is built on referrals from satisfied clients.
- And lastly, Riad believes in being there for his clients and not just during business hours. When Riad is not in the office, his direct line as well as his direct toll free line is forwarded to his cell so his clients can reach him in an emergency, even outside of regular business hours.