Goals-based wealth and investment adviceMy mission is to combine prudent investment advice with complete, integrated, thoughtful financial planning. As a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation holder, I have extensive knowledge of goals-based wealth planning, which is driven by your unique needs and objectives.
Working closely with a network of TD specialists, I also provide access to sophisticated expertise as needed in areas such as insurance (to prepare for life’s unexpected bumps), tax margin strategies (to help you keep more of your capital), and estate planning (to help you create your desired legacy). In today’s complex world, the advanced expertise and resources of TD Bank Group can help you maximize your financial future.
I begin by helping you to articulate what matters most, what motivates you and what pains you. Then I take steps to address your most urgent needs first. I help my clients get to know themselves better to invest smarter. Not all people want a complex 25-page financial plan, they may simply want to address a specific goal such as knowing “Will I be okay? Will my money last as long as I do?” My role is to work closely with them to provide meaningful answers and strategies.
What sets me apart?
A broader view. As the Manager of the Richmond Branch of TD Wealth Private Investment Advice, I have seen many different business models up-close over the years. The privilege of observing many excellent practices has helped me sharpen the services that I provide to my clients.
A talent for addressing financial complexities. I thrive on providing custom-tailored solutions for people with complicated, interesting situations. Bring me your challenging, diverse goals – I will listen, understand, and do my best to address all your needs efficiently and cost-effectively with clarity.My clients range from young professionals to retired seniors. All are people who value personalized advice, want to be involved in creating financial solutions, and who value making decisions in partnership with an adviser.
Helping you achieve the future you envision for yourself
My investment advice will be anchored on the Investment Policy Statement I create expressly for you, which documents your goals, return expectations and tolerance for risk. My core investment principles include:
- A thoughtful, risk-adjusted asset allocation strategy that honors your return expectations and tolerance for risk.
- Prudent value investing in well-managed companies that lead in their industries, demonstrate stable earnings, pay dividends (favouring value over growth), have modest dividend/payout ratios, and generate steady cash flow.
- Tax efficiency in every aspect of your financial picture.
- Providing the best possible value for fees charged.
- Long-term, personal relationships forged through regular contact and candor.
- Ongoing monitoring, review and adjustment. Although values remain constant, goals can change over time. I will review your situation and objectives often to make sure our investment strategy and planning approach continue to be appropriate.
- Minimizing fees. I generally advise clients to work with me through a combination of fee-based and transaction-based accounts. This helps to minimizes fees. Typically, I concentrate conservative fixed income holdings (that have low returns relative to equities) in registered accounts to maximize tax efficiency and save clients from paying 1% or 1.5% to earn only about 2%. Ask me for more details.