Goals-based wealth and investment adviceMy mission is to combine prudent investment advice with complete, integrated, thoughtful financial planning. As a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation holder, I have extensive knowledge of goals-based wealth planning, which is driven by your unique needs and objectives.
Working closely with a network of TD specialists, I also provide access to sophisticated expertise as needed in areas such as insurance (to prepare for life’s unexpected bumps), tax margin strategies (to help you keep more of your capital), and estate planning (to help you create your desired legacy). In today’s complex world, the advanced expertise and resources of TD Bank Group can help you maximize your financial future.
I begin by helping you to articulate what matters most, what motivates you and what pains you. Then I take steps to address your most urgent needs first. I help my clients get to know themselves better to invest smarter. Not all people want a complex 25-page financial plan, they may simply want to address a specific goal such as knowing “Will I be okay? Will my money last as long as I do?” My role is to work closely with them to provide meaningful answers and strategies.
What sets me apart?
A broader view. As the Manager of the Richmond Branch of TD Wealth Private Investment Advice, I have seen many different business models up-close over the years. The privilege of observing many excellent practices has helped me sharpen the services that I provide to my clients.
A talent for addressing financial complexities. I thrive on providing custom-tailored solutions for people with complicated, interesting situations. Bring me your challenging, diverse goals – I will listen, understand, and do my best to address all your needs efficiently and cost-effectively with clarity.My clients range from young professionals to retired seniors. All are people who value personalized advice, want to be involved in creating financial solutions, and who value making decisions in partnership with an adviser.
Helping you achieve the future you envision for yourself
My investment advice will be anchored on the Investment Policy Statement I create expressly for you, which documents your goals, return expectations and tolerance for risk. My core investment principles include:
- A thoughtful, risk-adjusted asset allocation strategy that honors your return expectations and tolerance for risk.
- Prudent value investing in well-managed companies that lead in their industries, demonstrate stable earnings, pay dividends (favouring value over growth), have modest dividend/payout ratios, and generate steady cash flow.
- Tax efficiency in every aspect of your financial picture.
- Providing the best possible value for fees charged.
- Long-term, personal relationships forged through regular contact and candor.
- Ongoing monitoring, review and adjustment. Although values remain constant, goals can change over time. I will review your situation and objectives often to make sure our investment strategy and planning approach continue to be appropriate.
- Minimizing fees. I generally advise clients to work with me through a combination of fee-based and transaction-based accounts. This helps to minimizes fees. Typically, I concentrate conservative fixed income holdings (that have low returns relative to equities) in registered accounts to maximize tax efficiency and save clients from paying 1% or 1.5% to earn only about 2%. Ask me for more details.
Simon Fraser University - BBA
Tour de Cure, Habitat for Humanity
Your Goals, Our Priorities
We'll help you identify your priorities and create a plan to address your specific needs. We can help with:
- Protecting your assets
- Maximizing your charitable giving
- Finding tax strategies and solutions
- Arranging your estate and trust planning
Transfer of Wealth
Will and Estate Planning
Polly – Moving forward with the right financial plan
When Polly moved to Canada, she was determined to build a great life for her family. Years of hard work and resilience paved the way for success, but when faced with the unthinkable, Polly was left to start again, leaving her with feelings of uncertainty. Find out how with the help of her TD Wealth advisor and a personalized financial plan Polly was able to take charge of her family’s financial future.
Nick & Justina – Business owners teaming up with TD Wealth
As small business owners, Nick and Justina make a powerhouse team, supporting each other through ups and downs. As parents, they worry about how potential challenges with the business could impact their family’s future. Nick and Justina teamed up with their TD Wealth advisor to build a personalized financial plan. With a plan in place, they finally saw that achieving their family’s goals while maintaining the business was possible. Find out how the right financial advice helped give them a brighter view of life.
Your unique goals
You've worked hard to get where you are today. Now's the time to maintain, grow, and protect your net worth. Get tailored advice, solutions, and strategies that can help achieve your goals.