Thank you for your interest in wealth management at TD Wealth Private Investment Advice. Our team appreciates this opportunity to explain how we can help you achieve your life, financial and business goals.
Our wealth advisory services focus on understanding your goals and building a comprehensive wealth management plan that is appropriate for you. We advocate 5 guiding principles in our client-centered approach to wealth management – Trust, Knowledge, Conservatism, Empowerment and Merit. We encourage you to review these guiding principles.
We offer a full range of investment and wealth management services that meet the diverse financial needs of our clients, including:
- Individuals and families interested in building and protecting their wealth.
- Professionals and business owners that require assistance managing their personal and business assets.
- Organizations requiring professional investment management.
We offer industry leading services that are implemented with a team of experts. To help you benefit from the strength of TD Bank Group, we involve our Financial Planners, Estate Planning Advisors and Trust Specialists in creating your wealth management plan. To ensure proper coordination, we work in close collaboration with your network of professional advisors, such as accountants, lawyers and private bankers, to make certain that you are receiving the best possible advice.
Our 5 Guiding Principles
- Trust. Trust is the foundation upon which our client relationships are built. This is developed and maintained by providing excellent service. Our commitment to building enduring relationships based on trust is predicated on our passion for the industry and a desire to do what is in the best interest of our clients. We are motivated by the desire to see our clients achieve their life, financial and business aspirations.
- Knowledge. We believe that knowledge, including moral, emotional and learned intelligence, are key factors in providing excellent service. We believe this leads to a deepened ability to collect, analyze, interpret and apply information that represents a competitive advantage which benefits our clients.
- Conservatism. With a focus on conservatism, we build investment portfolios with an emphasis on risk management. Risk is assumed in a disciplined manner. This is achieved primarily through proper security selection and diversification. Our clients have the comfort of knowing that their investments are being managed in a prudent manner.
- Empowerment. We are firm advocates of empowerment. This is achieved by helping our clients understand and plan for life events. Our clients come to us for personalized service that is not off-the-shelf advice. We appreciate that each client's life and financial situation is unique. We regularly monitor our client's investment portfolios, financial situations and life needs, goals and objectives to determine if changes are necessary or opportunities exist. This is achieved by staying in regular contact.
- Merit. We have established and maintained our client relationships based on merit and outstanding service. Our clients refer to us their families, friends and peers because they are cared for and receive the level of attention that they expect and deserve. We pride ourselves on this fact.
Rob specializes in advising individuals, businesses, trusts and estates in wealth management and portfolio investment. He has worked in the wealth management industry since 2009. Prior to joining TD Wealth, Rob worked at one of the largest global wealth management firms helping clients meet their life, financial and business goals. Rob holds securities and options licenses.
Rob has a truly comprehensive track-record of distinction in his academic career and prior vocations, which have helped him build rewarding relationships with his clients. In 2009, he graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree with Great Distinction from the University of Windsor. He was awarded the Gold Medal (Board of Governors Medal) for outstanding academic achievement. Furthermore, he was awarded the Ben Matthews Price in Business Administration. Rob was also a finalist and recipient of the Innovation Award at the 2008 Queen’s Entrepreneurs’ Competition, Canada’s largest international business competition.
Prior to starting his career in finance, he received an Honours Biological Sciences with Thesis Degree from the University of Windsor in 2002. Rob was awarded a Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada Fellowship, a competitive fellowship granted by the Government of Canada for research in the natural sciences and in engineering.
Following graduation, Rob was awarded the prestigious 2002/2003 Thomas C. Rumble University Graduate Fellowship and entered the Ph.D. program (in Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology) at Wayne State University School of Medicine, the largest single campus medical school in the U.S. Some of his research findings have been published in the Journal of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. In 2006, he decided to leave early to pursue his passion and a career in the investment industry.
Rob and his wife Sheila live in North York with their two children. He enjoys reading books about geopolitics, economics and the capital markets, recreational running, and spending time with his family and friends.
Let's get together over a cup of coffee to discuss what is most important to you, and whether you are on track to meet your goals. After all, our goal is to help you achieve yours!