Paul has an uncompromising determination to provide personalized investment strategies to help you achieve long-term financial security. He believes in capital preservation as a cornerstone to his investment philosophy, building plans that are flexible enough to respond to short-term changes yet disciplined to provide the opportunity for greater returns over the long-term. Paul also believes in the importance of having a "life stage" approach to support you across different life stages.
Paul has moved to Canada from Hong Kong at the age of 14. After graduating with a B.A. Economics from Simon Fraser University in 1991, Paul became an Account Manager in the Personal Financial Services department of an international bank. Given his success in building strong and trusted client relationships, Paul became Vice-President and Investment Advisor at a major brokerage firm. In 2011, he was invited to join TD Wealth Private Investment Advice.
Integrity, trust and honesty form the heart of Paul's business. He believes that effective communication and a strong relationship with his clients are necessary for success.
We have demonstrated experience in serving clients like you, across many stages of life.**The calculation and data are based on 90 households under Croesus Wealth Management System as of May 24, 2018
Our belief in three core areas that guide the way we run our practice:
For each portfolio, our team hand picks 15 Canadian, 15 U.S. and 15 international holdings. Investments are selected using rigorous screening criteria, to provide quality, solid diversification and a balance between risk and return. These holdings are monitored on a continuous basis. Depending on each investor's risk tolerance and investment objectives, the investment strategy will vary within the 15-15-15 approach.
Our team will look at the many aspects of your financial life and engage TD specialists to help where required. Having an integrated wealth management strategy can help to improve your wealth position, today and into the future.
The team works closely with estate planning specialist and private banker in TD to serve the diverse needs of our high net worth clients. We are also able to work alongside your accountant or lawyer, to provide seamless wealth management strategies.
Here is one example of how our team has helped our clients to succeed. We are committed to providing a wide variety of solutions for even the most complex of situations.
- Two co-owners operating a home decor wholesale company in their early 50s
- Both were busy managing the business, which had grown quickly over the past decade
- $8.5 million in investable assets under personal and holding companies, across multiple financial institutions
- Primary goal was to consolidate finances and retire comfortably in 5 to 10 years
- Consolidate accounts and streamline investment holdings from over 50 to 20. Objective is to improve economies of scale and allow better visibility over investments
- Update portfolio to focus on wealth protection and cost efficiency
- Review business succession planning and tax planning with TD Specialists
- Create service matrix that includes monthly communication and quarterly portfolio review. Objective is to allow client to tune out noise and focus on their end goals
- Clients gained control and confidence with consolidated statements
- Assets were more secure, diversified and resilient to potential market downturns
- With updated and better organized finances, clients were potentially in a better position to plan for a retirement on their own terms
The Ride of Conquer Cancer® presented by Wheaton Precious Metals™ benefiting the BC Cancer Foundation. The Ride to Conquer Cancer series is Canada’s largest peer-to-peer fundraising event. Bringing together communities of cancer survivors, cyclists and supporters motivated to make a difference in the lives of people touched by cancer, The Ride to Conquer Cancer has raised more than $96 million in ten years, making it B.C.’s largest cancer fundraiser. The BC Cancer Foundation is the fundraising partner of BC Cancer and the largest funder of cancer research in the province. With the help of thousands of riders we are improving the lives of people facing cancer in BC and beyond.
The Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra (VMO) is a non-profit society founded in 2003. They are dedicated to providing superior orchestral mentor ship for talented music graduates, and providing opportunities for the young talents to perform with a professionally-directed orchestra. The VMO offers a program of four concerts each season plus occasional appearances and other presentations in the Lower Mainland. Each season runs from September to May. Paul is one of the directors of Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra, and is dedicated to the uncompromising pursuit of artistic excellence and the development of an outstanding professional development program.
Paul Kwan Wealth Advisory is part of TD Wealth Private Investment Advice, a division of TD Waterhouse Canada Inc., which is a subsidiary of the Toronto-Dominion Bank.