Building Trusting Relationships for Life
Welcome to a personal, comprehensive and team-based approach to your financial future. We work with individuals, families, professionals and business owners with wide-ranging, often complex financial needs. They come to us for a high level of insightful counsel, disciplined planning and effective risk management strategies.
We're dedicated to providing individual investment advice and financial solutions, tailored to your specific needs. Your hard work is what got you to where you are today. Our team is committed to support you through your wealth journey.
I am a founding member of the Ballendine Thakkar Group, which has grown to include five advisors and two administrative assistants. We believe that our success has been based on our prudent investment advice and our sincere desire to understand your unique situation and aspirations for the future. Our objective is to provide you with an attentive and supportive relationship for life.
I have been in the investment industry for over twenty five years and it is apparent to me that high net worth individuals require a holistic approach to their finances that goes beyond pure investment advice. We can engage a team of specialists from TD Wealth and TD Bank Group who are dedicated to helping fulfill your specific needs. Your wealth considerations may include:
- High net worth planning,
- Tax-efficient strategies,
- Insurance as an investment or for estate protection,
- Will and estate planning,
- Private banking and credit services,
- Legacy creation and philanthropic solutions,
- Business succession planning.
Our process begins by getting to know you, your lifestyle and the important people and activities in your life – family, career and personal goals and interests. Whether it is pursuing financial independence, a hobby, travelling the world or leaving a legacy for your children – we want to know what is important to you. We are committed to helping you fulfill your vision.
Your wealth. Your goals. Your plan.
With greater wealth comes greater opportunity and challenge. Once we understand your vision for your future, we'll bring together specialists from TD Wealth to help us design a strategy for you. They will bring an impartial, full-picture perspective, craft intelligent strategies customized to your vision, and offer clear advice to help you make educated decisions.
Planning is the number one way we identify tangible opportunities. We believe that, through astute planning, we can help to bring you significant long-term benefits. We look forward to helping you uncover your overlooked opportunities.
Integrated Investment Strategies
As a team, we are devoted to continually studying the financial markets and staying on the forefront of changes in the industry. As a result, we are well-informed and can help to simplify the investment landscape for you.
We'll propose a customized investment solution that leverages the breadth of resources that TD Bank Group has to offer as well as independent external resources. We use your goals and objectives to help define your unique risk parameters and time frame for a given portfolio of investments. Meeting your goals is our benchmark of success.
Our investment philosophy is built upon a foundation of time-tested principles, all of which have served our clients well:
- Long-term investing, not short-term trading,
- Identifying sound investment opportunities that focus on dividend-paying stocks,
- Investing in quality businesses,
- Continuously supervising investments and portfolios with a disciplined approach to re-balancing your portfolio.
We offer a range of advisory investment options, including:
- Proprietary investment portfolios. These portfolios have a value focus and are designed to be tax-efficient while helping to reduce volatility.
- PAIR (Portfolio Advice and Investment Research) guided portfolios. PAIR is a team of investment professionals within TD who are dedicated to delivering comprehensive portfolio solutions.
- Pooled funds in both active and passive investment styles.
In the end, our investment strategy is only successful if it aligns closely to your plan and your goals.
Our services are best suited for those who have $1,000,000 or more to invest with us and are willing to delegate investment decisions to the Ballendine Thakkar Group.
Wealth Strategies for Business Owners
You’ve built a business on your own terms. We think your wealth plan should be defined on your terms, too.
We work with business owners extensively to help address their unique needs – as well as those of their families. As a business owner, your personal financial goals cannot be completely planned without carefully considering the investments you’ve put into your business and the equity you’ve built in it. That’s why we offer an all inclusive approach to help you grow and preserve your business and personal assets. Along with our team of TD specialists, we can help you:
- Access credit and cash flow solutions for you and your business,
- Create a wealth management strategy for you and your family,
- Plan for the succession or sale of your business,
- Provide advice to help protect your business against the unexpected,
- Establish a wealth transfer plan that includes your business,
- Develop insurance strategies to help protect your family and manage risk,
- Build wealth outside your business to diversify your assets, and
- Save and invest for retirement.
Implementing a Disciplined Plan
The financial world is filled with media noise and uncertainty. By providing you with a unique goals-based investment plan together with an investment strategy founded on time-tested principles, it is our objective to help you take the emotion out of investing.
Your goals are our goals. We will develop a disciplined wealth plan and deliver what we believe is the highest level of personal service. We are confident that we can simplify and streamline your wealth management journey so that you can focus on what’s most important to you.
Ballendine Thakkar Group is a part of TD Wealth Private Investment Advice, a division of TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. which is a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.