Cornelia began her career in the financial services industry in 1986, after completing a Bachelor's of Business Adminstration (Finance) with a joint major in Economics at Simon Fraser University.
Cornelia holds her Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Life Level II designations and is recognized as a Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI).
She embraces the concept that financial planning is the cornerstone to any investment relationship and works with clients and businesses to create strategies that:
- Focus on the specific financial concerns that are client driven and client important
- Provide tax efficient investing and access to funds
- Direct cash flow to the right type of account (RRSP, TFSA, Investment, Corporate)
- Plan for current income and future cash needs
- Analyze long term withdrawal strategies to minimize taxes
- Embrace multi-generational wealth management
- Educate clients and encourage questions and discussion
Cornelia feels it is important to include existing professionals (accountants, trustees, US tax advisors, lenders, mortgage providers), if so directed, to ensure that account and/or tax information is communicated readily. She is committed to providing a clear and transparent breakdown of all fees and costs.
Outside of the office, Cornelia spends time with family and friends, hikes, plays the trumpet and field hockey, gardens every spare inch of dirt and volunteers where needed.