Institutional-grade opportunities for non-institutional investors
Our team offers a powerful duality: we deliver highly-sophisticated investment advice in clear and simple terms to clients who could not normally access institutional-quality opportunities and strategies.
Mark Cheevers has spent almost 20 years getting to know the people he calls "the people who matter" – market movers. Institutional money managers. The smart money. Call them what you will, these people have access and acumen that allows them to help drive the success of large pension funds.
Just imagine the impact they can have on your family’s future.
Over many years, Mark put in the time to attend numerous presentations and shake many hands. He forged strong, close relationships with some of what he believes to be the industry's top institutional talent. Today, he enjoys a direct line to their ideas, strategies and investment mandates.How can this benefit our clients?
- Institutional research has immediate relevance. Our team draws on a deep pool of high-quality, quantitative research from some of what he believes to be the industy's top-ranked analysts. Their quality information, global economic context and thought-provoking insights shape our investment decisions.
- We can offer unique opportunities and niche solutions. Our client accounts function like a pension plan or small family office. We don’t manage to an index, rather we manage to your unique goals. Rather than holding banks, telecoms and utilities, we invest across many sectors and classes.
- Our portfolios have lower volatility and risk profiles as compared to more traditional stock and bond portfolios.
We aim for superior risk-adjusted returns (factoring in the risk taken to help generate a return).
Like large pension funds, we deploy alternative investments that are non-correlated to the markets. These include alternative lending instruments, real estate strategies and long/short equity strategies. Typical retail investors have limited or no access to these strategies.
The Cheevers legendary experience
Lower volatility + very attentive client service = A+ client wealth experience
We aim to smooth out our clients’ return stream by combining lower volatility and risk with really great client service. This helps us to meet our goal of delivering a more comfortabletop-notch client experience.
Compassionate and sensitive, we take the time to explain things clearly in a client’s own language without acronyms or technical jargon. We are patient, not pushy. Our emphasis is on building lasting relationships and trust, not just numbers.
Our greatest point of pride is that we are usually referred by families as a friend rather than as an advisor.
We primarily advise mature business owners, former business owners or those who are getting ready to divest, and their multigenerational families. Our goal is to provide comprehensive wealth management advice and solutions through a streamlined, thorough, effective and customized strategy.
Our wealth planning process helps us understand your goals, risk tolerance, time horizon and wealth structure, while uncovering opportunities and liabilities. We will discuss your needs, wishes and plans for your money and your family. With every decision and recommendation, we will consider your complete life plan. If you own a business, we may explore the benefits of an Individual Pension Plan (IPP).
As needed, TD specialists such as accountants, lawyers, tax specialists and cross-border professionals will come in to consult about your more advanced needs. Wealth planning is a costly service, but it is completely included within your single, asset-based fee. Together, we address:
- The comprehensive scope of your investment and retirement needs
- Wealth protection solutions
- Business succession planning
- Estate planning and trust services
- Charitable giving strategies.
- High Net Worth Planners to create a personally-tailored plan to cover your financial needs.
- Private Banking Services to provide holistic and comprehensive financial solutions.
- Private Trust and Estate Planners to assist in building, preserving and transitioning wealth, while guiding you through estate responsibilities.
The benefits of discretionary investing
As Portfolio Managers, we are qualified to offer discretionary investing which can bring you several advantages:
The freedom from having to make daily investment decisions – you entrust them to us.
Nimble response to sudden opportunities and risks – they can be addressed swiftly without waiting for your approval;
A customized Investment Policy Statement (IPS) based on your objectives, comfort and financial situation, which sets the guidelines, asset allocation and diversification of your portfolio and evolves as your circumstances change;
One transparent, asset-based fee, no commission per trade, which means:
- We can focus on driving your portfolio’s success without worrying about the cost of trades.
- You have a known, budgetable cost.
- Our single fee, a percentage of your assets, includes wealth planning, insurance (provided by TD specialists) and more.
Fees charged to non-registered accounts may be tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor to see how this relates to your personal situation.
Learn more about our team members below.